How long have they been in business?
This is important to know. You want to choose a company that is well established company so you know if you run into any problems they will be there when you need them. There are quite a few companies out there that will do the work and are never to be seen or heard from again. Do your research and make sure that they guarantee their work.
Are they insured?
It is a good to know whether they are insured as well as their employees. If they’re not, that could leave you the customer responsible. They should have their own liability insurance, WSIB and should be able to provide you with a proof of both.
Do they warranty their work?
You want a company that warranties their work for at least a year, most problems that are due to poor installation will happen within the year. You should look at warranty as an indication that the company values and stands behind their work.
Your roof is a major investment. It protects you, your family and valuables from damage due to the weather. It is good to shop around to see what different companies have to offer. Be aware of low quotes. Yes we all like to save money, but when it comes to your roof you want to make sure you are getting the best of the best. If you receive an estimate that is drastically lower than the others, it is safe to assume that the craftsmanship and materials will reflect just that. Don’t be afraid to ask for references.
What to expect the day of work
The customer should have their driveway cleared as early as 7 a.m. This is so that they will have a place to drop the materials once delivered. We also need you to remove any valuables that are in the garage and around the house that could get damaged while the work is being done. It is possible due to the banging of nails that things can fall off shelves you may have in your garage. Once the job is complete we will clean up all the debris and make it look like we were not even there.
What to expect with an inspection
- A courtesy call from our office for scheduling
- A polite knock on the door and a courteous professional to greet you.
- A complete visual inspection of the entire roofing system, including ventilation and flashings.
- Replace up to one bundle of shingles if missing or damaged.
- Reseal, as required, all metal flashings with high grade sealant.
- Caulk any exposed nails.
- Provide, within 3 business days, a written report detailing our findings during the course of the inspection.
- Any repairs, not included, but considered urgent, will be brought to your attention immediately and repair solutions quoted promptly.
- Additional charges apply to steep pitch, restricted access, and dwellings over two story.
- As always, estimates are free of any obligation and charge.